MIT Sandbox Innovation Fund Program
Welcome to the MIT Sandbox Portal!
New to the portal? Please click Register to create an account, otherwise log in.
2024 Fall Self-Assessments begin this week (week of Dec 22).
Rolling Decisions commence as Self-Assessments are received with decisions sent weekly.
Are you a New Team applying for the first time?
Applications for our Spring 2024 cohort will open January 5th, 2024.
Rolling Decisions commence as applications are received with decisions sent weekly.
EMBA led teams may only apply for $5k to $25k.
Non-EMBA teams may apply for any amount up to $25k.
Instructions for New Applicants:
A designated Primary Contact should complete the application for the team. Team members will be invited as collaborators and will receive an email invite to access the portal and enter their personal information.
To complete this application, the Primary Contact for the team will need the following:
- A clear description of the problem that your idea addresses
- A clear, high-level description of the proposed solution
- If possible, identify your competition (companies, products, technologies or status quo)
- A very short description of your project that can be shared publicly
- A description of the team members and their skills
- A high-level project plan, including milestones
- A description of achievements to date
- Teams applying for $5K or more must provide a pitch deck. All other teams are encouraged but not required to provide a pitch deck.
- EMBA led teams may only apply for $5k and higher
- A budget plan showing how you will use your Sandbox funds.
- Refer to the Sandbox purchasing guidelines which lists permitted and prohibited use of funds
- View sample team budget
- Budget for early ideation teams: If you are in the early ideation stage, the focus is on market research and customer discovery, which typically does not have many associated costs. For your budget, consider what you would need to support that research. Perhaps you need to travel to meet a customer or you may need to hold a focus group session. Relative to software and other resources, there are many resources on campus you can leverage for free. Submitting a budget for $500 or less is acceptable.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.